- The promoter of this competition is: KFC (Pty) Ltd. (“Promoter”)
In order to be eligible to enter into this Competition:
- be resident in South Africa, and
- be a natural person over the age of 18 (eighteen) years old.
- Employees of the Promoter, including affiliates, agents and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the aforementioned, are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person is permitted. By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out below (“Rules”).
How to play
- Download the KFC app and update it to play.
- The Beat The Feud game is only available during Family Feud on Sundays. (Family Feud - Sundays at 18:00-19:00 on eTV, from 1 August 2021 to 31 October 2021) (“Competition Period”).
- We surveyed 100 South Africans to get the highest scoring answers. Each answer has different points assigned to it, contestants need to pick the answers that they think scored the highest with South Africans that were surveyed.
- In the advertising slots of Family Feud, 6 questions will activate per episode each week and points will be assigned accordingly.
- Those who accumulate the most points will be placed on top of the leader board for spot prizes, weekly cash prizes & a chance to win R10 000 cash.
- This Promotion shall start at 18h00 on Sunday 01 August 2021 and will run until 19h00 on Sunday 31 October 2021 ( “Promotion Period” ) every Sunday during the Competition Period.
Prizes: R50 000 worth of cash prizes and spot voucher prizes are up for grabs.
- 60 x Spot Prizes – Keep on playing Beat The Feud every week and stand to win random spot prize KFC vouchers worth R200 during the Competition Period.
- 14 x Weekly Cash Prizes –Each week during the Competition Period the Entrant who is number 1 on the weekly leader board will win R2000.00 in cash.
- 1 x R10 000 Grand Prize – The entrant who has accumulated the most points by the end of the Competition Period will win the grand prize of R10 000.00.
- Should there be any tie with regard to either or both the weekly Winners or Overall Grand Prize Winners ( “Placed Winners” ), then Placed Winners will be determined by random selection via a computer-generated draw so as to produce a single Weekly Winner for each week and a single Overall Grand Prize Placed Winner at the end of the Competition Period. Placed winners may win more than one prize.
- The Placed Winners will be notified within 2 (two) days at the end of each week during the Competition Period ( “Notification Date”).
- The Placed Winners details and list can be viewed on the Overall and weekly Leader boards by all Entrants to the Competition. Prize winners will also be recorded in the Prizes section of the game information guide.
- The Placed Winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility as set out in these Rules regarding their age and residency, and any other information required by the Promoter (collectively, the “Requirements”), in order to receive their respective Prizes.
If for any reason any Placed Winner:
- cannot be contacted within 5 (five) days of the Notification Date; and/or
- fails to meet any of the Requirements; then he/she shall be rendered ineligible to receive the Prize.
- The Placed Winners agree to participate in a prize awarding ceremony or similar event/s in relation to the Prizes, without further compensation in any form or manner whatsoever (financial or otherwise).
- The Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, substituted or altered, except by the Promoter at their sole and absolute discretion, due to unavailability of the Prize, in which event, the Prize may be substituted for one of comparable or similar value by the Promoters at their sole and absolute discretion.
- Entrants and any Placed Winner of this Competition are solely responsible for all applicable taxes and all other expenses incurred in their participation in the Competition or their winning a Prize.
- The Placed Winners accept that certain other conditions as regarding the Prizes may apply as may be prescribed by the Promotor in their sole discretion.
- Any circumvention of the Rules, or any attempt at circumventing the Rules, shall immediately disqualify an Entrant from this Competition and from winning the Prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary or to alter or to amend the Rules of the Competition at any time, at their sole and absolute discretion as exercised collectively, by posting the amended terms on the Website. In the event of such variation or alteration or amendment, you agree to waive any rights you may have in terms of these Rules, this Promotion and/or the Prizes, and acknowledge that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you will have no right of recourse against the Promoter, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, or agents. Any variation or alteration or amendment of the Rules will be published on the Website, and you undertake to regularly visit the Website to familiarise yourself with any varied, altered or amended Rules. The Rules will be deemed amended at the time they are published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately by posting a notice of such termination on the Game at any time. In the event of such termination, you agree to waive any rights you may have or may have had in terms of the Rules or this Competition, and acknowledge that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you will have no right of recourse against the Promoter, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, or agents. Any termination of the Competition will be published on the Game and will be effective from the time it is published.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
By entering this Competition, you acknowledge and agree that the Promoter, as well as their designees and assigns, may use your name, voice, city/state/province of residence, photos, video or film clips, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for any other legitimate purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation (financial or otherwise), permission or notification in relation to the Competition.
- 20. 1 Any personal information of Entrants and Placed Winners ( “Personal Information” ) will be processed and stored securely by the Promoter in accordance with their internal policies and the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013. The Promoter will use Personal Information only for the purposes of fulfilling obligations and/or exercising rights pursuant to these Rules, and to comply with the Promoter’s legal obligations. The details for the relevant Promoter’s information officer (or any person duly authorised by a Promoter to act as such) can be obtained via our contact us page on the KFC Website.
- 20.2 The Promoter may receive your Personal Information strictly as is necessary for the Competition and the purposes set out in these Rules. The Promoter will share my personal information within their corporate groups, and with third party service providers, strictly as is necessary to fulfil its obligations and/or exercise its rights under these Rules. You are required to ensure that any Personal Information you submit to us is complete, accurate and up to date, and you must notify the Promoter promptly in the event of any updates to your Personal Information.
- All decisions of the Promoter regarding the Rules, this Competition and/or the Prizes are final and unappealable, and no correspondence will be entered into with any Entrant or Placed Winner.
- These Rules will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The registered office and contact details of KFC (Pty) Ltd are: Knightsbridge Office Park, 33 Sloane Street, Bryanston, 2021.